We have just finished our staff tea part way through the first night of our student learning conferences and now I am sitting reflecting on the staff comments over the tea break.....
"It's amazing how much the students remember when they are sharing their work with their parents."
"It has made a big difference keeping the students beside me - keeping them close helps to keep them focussed on the task and supports them to avoid nervousness!"
"You should have seen ........ - he had tears in his eyes as ........ was talking about how much he has improved. He just kept saying, "You're on your way, son!"
"I love the way we are now all so focussed on the learning - there is no need any more to even have strategies to divert conversation away from talk about 'behaviour'."
"I am enjoying these so much - I love how I get to sit back and enjoy the story too!"
It makes me feel very proud to be leading a team of such positive and dedicated professionals who are supporting such self regulated learners. A real team of 'North Stars'!!!